Christopher R. Conard
Chris Conard has over twenty-five years of experience in areas of municipal, criminal and civil law.
Chris is the Chair of Coolidge Wall's Municipal Law Department and has served on the firm's executive committee. He is the Village Solicitor for Yellow Springs and General Counsel to the Downtown Dayton Partnership's Special Improvement District. His practice areas include municipal law, civil and probate litigation. Chris has developed a unique expertise in media relations, having appeared on national television broadcasts such as The Today Show. He also is regularly consulted on criminal law matters pertaining to investigations, prosecution and defense.
Before joining Coolidge Wall in 2000, Chris was employed as an Assistant Montgomery County Defender and served as the Deputy Director of the Montgomery County Public Defender's Office from 1997-2000. During his tenure with the Public Defender's Office, Chris tried cases in every jurisdiction within Montgomery County, including a number of high profile homicide cases.
Chris is a former adjunct professor at both the University of Dayton and the University of Dayton School of Law where he taught trial practice and evidence. He also attended the National Criminal Defense College in 1990. He currently serves on the Dayton Bar Association Certified Grievance and Ethics Committee.
Chris has been named an Ohio Super Lawyer (2015-2017) in the field of General Litigation.
Community Leadership Activities
- Community Blood Center Executive Committee, Board of Trustees President
- Patterson Park Youth Baseball, Legal Counsel
- Volunteer Lawyers Project
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction and Real Estate Litigation
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Criminal Defense
- Municipal Law
- Ohio, 1988
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
- J.D. - 1987
- University of Dayton
- B.A. - 1984
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio Municipal Attorneys Association
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Dayton Bar Association (Certified Grievance and Ethics Committee), 2012 - Present
- Carl D. Kessler Inn of Court
- Ohio Bar, Fellow
- Downtown Dayton Partnership’s Special Improvement District, General Counsel