Dedicated legal counsel for municipalities throughout the state
Through our 160 years of legal practice in Ohio, Coolidge Wall Co., L.P.A. has built a strong reputation for providing practical and effective legal counsel to cities, counties and townships throughout the state. Our lawyers understand the issues that public entities commonly face and have served with distinction as both general and special counsel to a variety of municipal entities. Our broad practice and multidisciplinary staff of attorneys allows us to provide competent legal services for a wide range of issues.
Our diverse public sector law practice
Our extensive transactional and civil work in the private sector has provided our team of attorneys at Coolidge Wall Co., L.P.A. with the knowledge and practical experience necessary to provide public sector entities with competent legal counsel for a wide range of issues:
- Zoning and land use -- Our lawyers have advised zoning boards and other public entities across Ohio regarding all types of zoning and land-use issues.
- Litigation -- Our attorneys have represented municipalities in all types of litigation, including torts, contractual disputes, civil rights matters and constitutional issues.
- Employment disputes -- Like all other employers, municipalities are subject to various discrimination and wage and hour laws and need experienced legal counsel to resolve employment disputes.
- Contracts, financing and procurement -- Coolidge Wall Co., L.P.A. has assisted municipal entities in negotiating contracts and procuring financing for various projects and purchases.
- Public sector labor law -- Our labor law and collective bargaining practice includes representing public sector employers in union relations. Our attorneys understand the unique features of Ohio public sector labor law and have ample practical experience in labor relations.
- Legislative drafting -- Our team of attorneys has used their knowledge of constitutional and administrative law and their familiarity of the various organic and enabling statutes that bind public entities to assist the legislative arms of various counties and municipalities in drafting ordinances, policies and other public documents.
Our attorneys have served as solicitors and general counsel for counties, townships, cities, school districts, public authorities and other local government agencies throughout the state. In addition, we are able to assist serving solicitors and general counsel in complex and labor-intensive matters and have frequently served as special counsel in sensitive cases when outside legal counsel is necessary.
Coolidge Wall Co., L.P.A. serves public entities throughout the state of Ohio
During our more than 160 years of legal practice, we at Coolidge Wall Co., L.P.A. are proud to have advised and represented municipalities and other public entities throughout Ohio. Contact us and find out more about how we can contribute to your municipality's growth and success in the 21st century.