David Korte, who is on the Executive Committee of the firm, has over 35 years experience in the Workers' Compensation field. In 1998, he became one of the charter group of attorneys in Ohio certified as specialists in the field of Workers' Compensation law by the Ohio State Bar Association. He has been named an Ohio Super Lawyer by Law and Politics magazine and also named in Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Workers' Compensation Law-Employers.
David brings a unique background to the wide variety of small, medium, and large businesses and public sector employers he represents. He served for six years in house with a Fortune 500 company, defending and managing claims in an 8 state Midwestern region, before returning to private practice in 1989. David works with both self-insured and state fund employers, not only in hearing representation and trials, but also in day to day claims management, injury investigations, actuarial analysis, and cost saving strategies.
He is a regular featured speaker in local, state and national seminars involving workers' compensation law. He has also published on the subject in the Workers' Compensation Law Journal.
Community Leadership Activities
- Miami Valley Cable Council
- Alzheimers Association of the Miami Valley
Areas Of Practice
- Labor & Employment
- Workers Compensation
- Ohio, 1980
- Kentucky, 1981
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Cincinnati, Ohio
- J.D. - 1980
- Miami University
- A.B. - 1977
- Major: English
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Southwest Ohio Self Insureds Association (SWOSIA)
- America, Ohio, Kentucky and Dayton (Workers' Compensation Sub-Committee) , Chair, 1997 to 1998
- American, Ohio, Kentucky and Dayton (Workers' Compensation Sub-Committee), Member, 1989 to Present