Dedicated legal counsel for municipalities throughout the state
Through our 165 years of legal practice, Coolidge Wall has built a strong reputation for providing practical and effective legal counsel to cities, counties and townships throughout the state.
Our lawyers understand the issues that public entities commonly face and have served with distinction as both general and special counsel to a variety of municipal entities. Our broad practice and multidisciplinary staff of attorneys allows us to provide competent legal services for a wide range of issues.
Our public sector law practice
Our extensive transactional and civil work in the private sector has provided our team of attorneys at Coolidge Wall with the knowledge and practical experience necessary to provide public sector entities with competent legal counsel for a wide range of issues:
- Zoning and land use — Our lawyers have advised zoning boards and other public entities across Ohio regarding all types of zoning and land-use issues.
- Litigation — Our attorneys have represented municipalities in all types of litigation, including torts, contractual disputes, civil rights matters and constitutional issues.
- Employment disputes — Like all other employers, municipalities are subject to various discrimination and wage and hour laws and need experienced legal counsel to resolve employment disputes.
- Contracts, financing and procurement — Coolidge Wall has assisted municipal entities in negotiating contracts and procuring financing for various projects and purchases.
- Public sector labor law — Our labor law and collective bargaining practice includes representing public sector employers in union relations. Our attorneys understand the unique features of Ohio public sector labor law and have ample practical experience in labor relations.
- Legislative drafting — Our team of attorneys has used their knowledge of constitutional and administrative law and their familiarity of the various organic and enabling statutes that bind public entities to assist the legislative arms of various counties and municipalities in drafting ordinances, policies and other public documents.
Our attorneys have served as solicitors and general counsel for counties, townships, cities, school districts, public authorities and other local government agencies throughout the state. In addition, we are able to assist serving solicitors and general counsel in complex and labor-intensive matters and have frequently served as special counsel in sensitive cases when outside legal counsel is necessary.
Our Public Sector Team
Coolidge Wall serves public entities throughout the state of Ohio
Our attorneys at Coolidge Wall provide comprehensive legal counsel regarding all aspects of commercial property ownership and transactions. For more than 165 years, we’ve been providing real estate related legal service to corporations, non-profit companies and businesses of all sizes. Contact us and find out more about how we can contribute to your success.