Strategic | Advisory
Few companies have the corporate development resources to develop, refine and execute long-range strategies necessary to achieve their vision – we can help with Coolidge’s Strategic | Advisory Services (CSAS).
Through CSAS, Coolidge now provides owners, management and boards of directors the resources, services and tools to help businesses develop – and execute – organic and inorganic growth strategies, operational improvements and long-term transformation plans, including exits
CSAS offers a unique portfolio of services:
- Leverage the CSAS team’s extensive private and public company Corporate Development and General Management experience and network of subject matter experts to bring the right expertise to your situation
- Utilize processes and tools that have been deployed for many years at companies of all sizes in a wide range of industries
- You determine the scope, timing, duration and outcomes based on your priorities
- CSAS works in collaboration with your existing leaders, accountants, wealth managers and other advisors
- Facilitate close coordination with Coolidge’s full range of legal services, including general corporate, real estate, tax, labor, estate planning and transactional services in acquisition ad divestitures, partnerships, joint ventures and investments and licensing, distribution and complex commercial transactions.
We also have the ability to bring other experts where needed including:
- Strategic Sourcing and Purchasing
- Manufacturing and LEAN/Six Sigma
- Accounting and Internal Controls
- Human Resources and Organizational Design
We use Q&A with your team, review of existing material and independent research to:
- complete an objective assessment of your current strategy, capabilities and readiness
- prepare a written profile with your other trusted advisors
- recommend adjustments and experts where needed if you don’t have them already this step requires little from your team beyond answering some questions and providing information
We use a tested process and tools working with your team and supplemented by independent research to:
- develop/update your overall strategy or a targeted inorganic (acquisition, divestiture, partnership or licensing) strategy
- document the strategy and supporting execution plans (we can also support your team in developing financial and organizational models)
- prepare presentations for boards, leaders, investors, and other stakeholders
We’ll provide the experienced resources to supplement your team -on a variable cost basis and execute various tasks or functions as you implement your strategies:
- Inorganic Transactions- Target evaluation, due diligence, modeling, negotiations and overall project management
- Organic Growth- Operational and process improvements, management operating systems design and implementation and overall project management
Software and Services
- Multiple Industries
- Food Products
- Regenerative Medicine and Cellular Therapy
- Medical Device Development and Licensing
- Power Distribution Sensors
- Advanced Composite Materials
Composite Materials and Engineering
- Sales and Service Products
Our Strategic | Advisory Team
Doug Ventura is a business lawyer, operational leader and corporate development executive with more than 30 years of experience in:
- planning and executing strategic growth initiatives and related transactions,
- solving complex business problems,
- developing long-term transition and exit strategies, and
- providing comprehensive legal, strategic and operational advice and counsel to private and public companies.
Doug has worked in several industries in the US and internationally, including automotive retail, advanced materials manufacturing, distribution, healthcare delivery, regenerative medicine, software, services and emerging technologies.
To learn more about Doug, please click here.
Herman Chandiramani brings with him a wide range of executive level experience from multiple industries.
In his early career, Herman spent over 15 years at the publicly traded Reynolds and Reynolds Company. During his time there, he served in a variety of positions such as leading business development where he delivered growth through multiple acquisitions totaling over $200 million in revenues (20% of the total company’s revenue) and balanced the portfolio by profitably exiting multiple business lines. He applied rigorous due diligence while managing complex transactions in the U.S., Europe, and Australia ranging from several million dollars to $3 billion in the final divestiture transaction of the company itself.
Herman also spent nearly five years as CFO and CAO at the law firm Coolidge Wall, over three years as CEO of Ohio Investments, LLC, a real estate holdings company, and over a year as Vice President of Administration responsible for legal, compliance, user privacy, and risk mitigation at Krush Technologies Inc., a mobile applications development company with millions of users worldwide.
Throughout his career, Herman has developed deep expertise in the areas of M&A, finance, legal, administration, and operations. He has a knack for identifying, coaching, and developing high performing individuals at all levels within organizations.
Herman has a Bachelor of Science in Finance and Accounting and a Master of Business Administration from Wright State University. He also holds a degree in Global Health Systems from the Boonshoft School of Medicine.
Stephanie Ison is a skilled marketer, analyst, and business executive who has helped companies raise millions of dollars to grow and launch new ventures, from both institutional lenders and private investors. She is experienced working with CEOs, executive management teams, entrepreneurs, and investors in numerous industries.
Stephanie has successfully identified and operated profitable business ventures across a variety of industries including Financial, Real Estate, and Technology. She is practiced in every step of the deal process: from approach to due diligence, to closing and post-closing management.
Stephanie’s prior experience includes roles where she led a variety of acquisitions for Ohio Investments, a real estate holdings company ranked by Inc. Magazine as one of the top 50 fastest growing private business in the United States; directed the market research and business analysis team for Krush Technologies and Krush Media Group, technology companies that provide digital advertising solutions and developed mobile applications for millions of users worldwide; successfully operated a small business by increasing revenue and margins far above owner expectations; and, she served as a lender at a local community bank and advised clients on debt structure.
Stephanie was recognized by The Dayton Business Journal as one of Dayton’s “Forty Under 40” in 2017 and is a member of Leadership Clark County. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Communication from Wittenberg University.