Benjamin A. Mazer is an associate in the Labor Department of Coolidge Wall.
Ben previously served as Assistant Prosecutor for Montgomery County, Ohio, where he managed his own caseload of high profile political subdivision and class action lawsuits. He also has significant experience with personnel matters, Title VII litigation, FMLA federal employment litigation, and Workers’ Compensation cases, including arguing matters before the Ohio Industrial Commission. Prior to that, Ben worked for a Cleveland law firm where he represented national lenders in the area of Creditor’s Rights and advocated for his clients in court mediations, settlement conferences and hearings throughout northeast Ohio.
Areas Of Practice
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- The Ohio State University, Michael E. Moritz College of Law, Columbus, Ohio
- J.D. - 05/2011
- Honors: CALI Award for Academic Achievement in Professional Responsibility
- Miami University , Oxford, Ohio
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 05/2008
- Honors: Dean's List: Fall 2005, Spring 2006, Fall 2006, Spring 2007, Fall 2007, Spring 2008
- Major: Political Science (Major GPA: 3.72, Overall GPA: 3.68)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Dayton Bar Association