Coolidge Wall Co., L.P.A. is pleased to announce that 16 of its attorneys have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 edition. In addition, two attorneys were named “Lawyer of the Year” in their practice areas and two associates were named “Ones to Watch.”
Best Lawyers is regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Its process is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas. Lawyers may not pay a fee to be listed, so inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
The Coolidge attorneys selected for inclusion in 2023 Best Lawyers in America® are:
- Michelle D. Bach for Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
- Scott Blackburn for Trusts and Estates
- Christopher R. Conard for Commercial Litigation
- Shannon L. Costello for Litigation-Real Estate and Real Estate Law
- Terence L. Fague for Commercial Litigation and Litigation-Labor and Employment
- Kristin A. Finch for Real Estate Law
- Marc L. Fleischauer for Employment Law-Management and Labor Law-Management
- Jonas J. Gruenberg for Corporate Law and Real Estate Law
- Chad D. Hansen for Tax Law
- Stephen Herbert for Real Estate Law and Banking and Finance Law
- Benjamin A. Mazer for Employment Law-Management
- David P. Pierce for Commercial Litigation and Litigation-Labor and Employment
- Richard A. Talda for Commercial Litigation
- Sam Warwar for Tax Law, Corporate Law, and Litigation and Controversy-Tax
- Merle F. Wilberding for Corporate Law, Real Estate Law, and Litigation-Real Estate
- Jeffrey A. Winwood for Trusts and Estates
Two Coolidge Wall attorneys received additional special recognition by Best Lawyers. Shannon Costello, chair of the firm’s Commercial Real Estate Department, was named the Best Lawyers® 2023 Real Estate “Lawyer of the Year” in Dayton, and Merle Wilberding was named the Best Lawyers® 2023 Corporate Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Dayton. This recognition is awarded to an individual lawyer with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region. Only one lawyer is recognized as the “Lawyer of the Year” for each specialty and location.
In addition, two Coolidge Wall associates were named as Best Lawyers®: Ones to Watch. Robert Ballinger was recognized in Real Estate Law and Elliott Haller in Litigation – Labor and Employment Law. Ones to Watch recognize lawyers who have been in private practice less than 10 years in the U.S. and like traditional Best Lawyers awards, is based entirely on peer review.
Coolidge Wall is a leading full-service, Dayton-based law firm providing clients with legal representation in matters of corporate and business transactions, real estate, tax, bankruptcy, employee benefits, estate planning and probate, health care, labor and employment, litigation, and dispute resolution.